Proposal Manager Position
We are looking for a Proposal Manager to prepare accurate quotes and estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing scope of work. You will audit customer locations, ascertain customer needs, design solutions to meet customer requirements and then calculate a cost breakdown for the project.
The Proposal manager will provide team direction and accountability for project proposal requirements including field audits, lighting designs, and rebate calculations. The Proposal Manager is responsible for creating designs to meet customer requirements and then determining project duration and other factors like labor needs, subcontractor selection, material and equipment requirements.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills and an analytical mindset.
The Proposal Manager reports to the Director of Field Operations, but works integrally with sales, project management, and finance/invoicing.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
- Develop lighting simulations and design customer solutions
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, equipment rental etc.
- Manage permit and contractor registration process including filling out and tracking applications
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Create and submit estimate reports to appropriate persons (project managers, sales, etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience with proposals, quotations, or as an estimator or similar position
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft tools like Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation and an analytical mindset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Electrician or other construction experience
- Potential for travel up to 25%